Flakes(Flake) is a denomination that is used tonamescales orsmall pieces of plastic resulting from milling the PET . Thepolyethyleneor polyethyleneterephthalate(better known byitsacronymPET,polyethyleneterephtalate) isa type of plasticwidely used inbeverage cansandtextiles.It belongs to the groupof thermoplastics, reason why is possible to recycle.
The physical properties ofPETandits ability to meetvariousspecificationswere the reasonswhy thematerial has reacheda significantdevelopmentin the production oftextile fibersand productionofa wide variety ofcontainers, especiallyin the production ofbottles,food trays, strips and sheets.
ADVANTAGESINTHEINDUSTRIALAPPLICATION · Ithas beenranked asNo.1inrecycling. ·Actionableblowinjection and extrusion. ·Suitableto producebottles,films, sheets, platesand pieces. ·Transparency(although he admits loadsofcolors) andbrightnesswithmagnifying effect. High wear resistance. · Very good coefficient of sliding.
· Good chemical and thermal resistance.
· Very good barrier to CO2, O2 and acceptable moisture barrier. · Compatible with other barrier materials to improve the quality as a whole barrier containers and thus allow use in specific markets. ·Recyclable, althoughits viscositytends to decreasewiththe thermal history. • Approvedfor use inproductsthat mustbe incontact with food products. ·Excellent mechanical properties. ·Biorientable. ·Crystallizable. ·Good cost/ performance. ·Light.
POLYPROPYLENE PELLET (PP)
Pelletisa generic termused to refer tosmall portions ofagglomerated materialorcompressed productofan extrusion process. Thermoplasticpolypropylene obtainedbythe polymerization of propylene. Materialhighly resistant to wear, impactand fatigue, which is used in the manufacture ofmanyitems, either by injection molding,blow molding orextrusion.It is athermoplastic thathas a number ofproperties that is difficult to findinother materialssuch as:high thermalstabilityallows you to workfor a long timeat a temperature of100°Cin air.Is also resistant toboiling water, it canbe sterilized attemperatures up to 140° Cwithout fear ofdeformation. Polypropylene isused in a widevarietyof applications includingfood packaging, textiles, laboratory equipment,automotive componentsandtransparent films.
Polyethylene (PE) is a polymer resulting fromthe polymerization of ethylene. Itis arguably the mostpopularplasticin the world.HighDesnsidadPolyethylene(HDPE) has many applications inthe industry today.Over halfofuseisfor the manufacture ofcontainers, caps and closures; another bigvolumeis moldedhousewaresand toys;an equallyimportant useit has isfor pipesand ducts.Packagingusehas increaseddue to itslow cost, flexibility, durability, ability to withstandthe sterilization process, and resistance to many chemicals. Some applicationsofHDPEincludepackagingfor:detergent, bleach, motoroil, shampoo, milk; Bagsfor supermarkets; Boxes forfish,soft drinks, beer; Containersfor paint,ice cream,oils;Babybottles; toys; among others.
ADVANTAGESINTHEINDUSTRIALAPPLICATION – Large strength-to-density ratio.
– Absence ofsludge and scalewithin.
– Flexibility. – Elasticidad.
– Nopermanent deformationremains. – LongitudesHigher, which reduces the number of joints(lower cost) and reduces the chanceofhuman errorinthe installation.
– Easyto transport. – LongLife. – LessCostof purchasing and installing.
–Resistant toearthquakes. – ResistanceMechanicaland ductility.
– Resistant tochemicalsandbacteria. – ThePolyethylenealsohas among itsadvantagesis a recyclableproduct.